No. I don't intend to use this blog as a platform to shamelessly dote over and rave about my (beautiful) wife and thus torture poor you's. (Ok, maybe only once in a while.)
Yes. I am at a loss for topics to blog about. Yet again.
Let's try blogging anyway and see what we come up with. Eh?
Not 'No quarter', this live album by ex-Zeps Page & Plant which I would have loved to recommend to those who wish to rediscover their old favourites. (Nope, not the Stairway. Think Gallow's Pole, Kashmir, That's the way, Battle of Evermore...)
Since it's a few days past Mahashivrati, maybe I should dedicate this post to my favourite deity. Now I'm not one for organized religion. But I have grown up as a Hindu. Consequently, I have pondered over this more than once. And Shiv is definitely my personal favourite. Why, you ask? Allow me.
1. He is one cool dude, a really 'with it' kinda guy. Long hair. Serpents. Who else do you expect a metalhead to worship?
2. He is beyond good and evil, worshipped simultaneously by the forces of both darkness and light. (Both Ram and Ravan worshipped him before going to battle.)
3. He has an army of ghouls. Whoa.
4. His sidekick is a bull. (Remeber 'Bulls on Parade' by 'Rage Against The Machine'?)
5. Watch out for his temper man. Don't mess with the Dude-with-a-fire-sprouting-eye-on-His-forehead. Wokay?
6. He does go all the way with his graciousness. It doesn't matter who the object of His good graces is- a God, a man or a demon.
7. Politics is just not His thing. Ask Him a favour, and He might yield. Ask Him to take sides, and you've had it.
8. He is not your average goody-two-shoes kinda God. He is the lord of chaos, the harbinger of doom, the cosmic destructor, the pointed end of the holy trinity.
9. He is the most likely candidate for a comic superhero saga, or a rock group.
10. The fence between Good and Evil is not the only fine line he walks. Life and Death is another (he is known to spend days at creamotory grounds). Also material and spiritual world.
11. At the time of The Great Churning, when everyone wanted just the goodies for themselves, who was to pay the price, embrace the poison that came along. He is the only one who wouldn't mind a sip of death. That's why they named him 'Mrutyunjay' y'know, The-One-Who-conquered-death.
12. A lover when aroused, a killer when roused, a family man, a saint, a philosopher, a simpleton. The first of the firsts. The last of the last.
Dear Shiv, if I were to choose an idol to idolise, it would be you. I would be naming my son (if it is indeed a son) after you.