1.6.05

and so it goes

As luck would have it, KitKat ends up choosing his first song for himself (somewhat). And well, it's not a rock number, but a thinly veiled gospel.

I had intended to play his first song in our car, which happens to carry a staple supply of Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and even Slayer, Death and Sepultura, should the need arise.

Instead, it happend thus.

I'm sitting next to KitKat, browsing. And he starts crying, that too, full throttle. Now MaKat is having her lunch. Desperate times call for desperate measures. So I pick him up and click on my Media Player. A cursory look at the playlist, and it dawns on me just which song to play. Somehow, it has a familiar ring of destiny to it.

(Unless you count the monologue from American Beauty in the voice of Kevin Spacey, that started playing by itself as soon as Media Player came up, the one where he ponders over life in his last moment of lucidity-

"I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... and then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.

You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry. You will someday. ")

To kill the suspense, here's the first song that KitKat ever heard. Let this moment go into the annals of history, to be preserved for posterity.

New Man In Town
(From the soundtrack of the 3rd season of 'Ally McBeal', from an episode called 'Changes' where Billy bleaches his hair, sung by 'Mighty' Sam McClain)


There’s a new man in town
And he’s not fooling ‘round

People listen up
There’s something that you oughta know
There’s a man comin’ your way
He’s trying to free your soul

There’s a new man in town
And he’s not fooling ‘round

He’s been here once before
Long long time ago
Now he’s back
Reaching out… Knock knock upon your door

There’s a new man in town
And he’s not fooling ‘round

Please go and tell somebody
Hurry up… let’s break the news
The might mighty man is back in town
With some soul and some down ole blues

There’s a new man in town
And he’s not fooling ‘round

Somebody please stand up
Stand up and tell the world
We’ve got to come together
And build this world with love

There’s a new man in town
And he’s not fooling ‘round
Can you see
Way over yonder
Here he comes
Reaching out to you
I know you’re in need of love

So people, the new man is in town, indeed. And his name is Mrityunjay.

2 comments:

Bhavv Chawla said...

That’s a good number to start with. Feed him some rhymes as well as he grows, O DaddyDooood for the sake of Balance. Ha ha ha.

Manish Bhatt said...

bhavv: I say, balance is a highly overrated virtue. None of the people I admire could be called balanced.